The Hamsa is a palm-shaped amulet popular throughout the Middle East and North Africa and commonly used in jewelry and wall hangings. Depicting the open right hand, an image recognized and used as a sign of protection in many times throughout history, the hamsa is believed by some, predominantly Jews, Christians and Muslims, to provide defense against the evil eye. It has been theorized that its origins lie in Ancient Egypt or Carthage (modern-day Tunisia) and may have been associated with the goddess Tanit.
Choose A Hamsa And We Will Tell You Something Interesting About Your Personality
1. – You are warm, optimistic, extroverted and often flamboyant. You are friendly, good-natured and generally an agreeable person. You are assertive and determined rather than aggressive. That’s because you are too light-hearted for that. You thrive on human social contact and social gatherings, bringing all types together. When the mood strikes you enjoy partying, socializing and planning all types of social events. You are often the loudest talker in a group. While you are charming and sociable you do tend to be a bit of a show-off. You get great satisfaction from helping others and they find you inspiring with your vitality and positive energy. You are tolerant and accepting of others just the way they are. You are a people person, motivated by what others may or may not think and always trying to keep up with the Jones’. You need people around you – being alone for too long makes you depressed and you then allow negativity to engulf you.
2. – You are sensitive and compassionate, understanding and supportive. You are always thinking of others before yourself. You are the person others come to for help. Being needed motivates you but sometimes people take advantage of you. You are a gentle and free spirit. Your feelings run deep and you can be quite sensitive to hurtful comments from others, although you would never show it. You have a peaceful and tranquil quality and a quiet dignity about you. People are drawn to your charismatic and alluring energy. You are usually introverted rather than extroverted and may give the impression of being shy; although this is not the case. You are creative and like to be individual in most of your endeavors, including your dress and home decoration. You love the unconventional. You are idealistic, and often impractical, with a great imagination; often dreaming of a future in an ideal fantasy world where you exclude the ugly side of reality. You tend to look at life through rose-colored glasses. People who don’t understand you sometimes think you are eccentric because you spend so much time in your fantasy world.
3. – You are moderately conservative, reliable and trustworthy. You are quite trusting of others although you are very wary in the beginning until you are sure of the other person. At the same time, you also have a deep need to be trusted. You are not impulsive or spontaneous. You always think before you act and do everything at your own pace, in your own time. You take time to process and share your feelings. You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously. You are fairly even-tempered, unless your emotions take over. Then you can become either moody and over-emotional, or cool and indifferent. You are sensitive to the needs of others and caring with your close circle of friends. While you are friendly and sociable, you prefer the company of your own close group of friends. You need to have direction and order in your living and work spaces – untidiness and unpredictability overwhelm you.
4. – Your basic feature is equality, fairness and neutrality. You reflect an inner light of growth and creativity. It’s something you can’t hide behind, or ignore, because this light amplifies your best aspects. Offering words of encouragement and protection to others im part of your daily routine. You find comfort in comforting others. Sometimes you get the feeling of isolation or emptiness, but these are only caused by things being “too perfect” in your life. When chaos surfaces, you shine. Words that define your essence are: Innocence, purity, cleanliness, equality, simplicity, orderly, self-sufficient, and new beginnings.
5. – Prestige and power are important to you. You are independent, strong-willed, determined and like to be in control of yourself and situations. You are non-emotional and give the appearance of a dignified and sophisticated person who is in total control. This is often a front as you may feel quite insecure in the company of sophisticated and cultured VIP’s and upper class people. You like to keep people at a distance – guarding your emotions and creating an impenetrable barrier between yourself and others. You may be looking for protection from the negativity that surrounds you. You sometimes try to create an aura of mystery and intrigue around yourself to keep people curious. You may be going through a stage of self-denial right now, not allowing pleasure and joy into your life. You hold things inside and are not good at sharing yourself with others out of fear of judgement. You are methodical in your work, making sure everything is completed as required, down to the last detail.